Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Unit 5 Blog: Subtle Mind Exercise

Namaste,

Forgive me for not posting earlier, I was off the grid. Camping at a primitive site and had no internet, electric or even phone service for that matter. I must admit I enjoyed not having those distractions but being in a different environment also presented some challenges to performing the exercise.

I enjoyed  both the loving kindness exercise and the subtle mind exercise. It is difficult for me to compare and contrast the two because I was in a different environment when practicing the subtle mind technique because I was distracted by my surroundings it was harder for me to focus. At first, when doing the subtle mind exercise I had some difficulty ignoring the chatter going on in my own mind.  Now that I have done it several times, I feel more comfortable and can witness more and not feel as though I am drowning in a sea of distraction.

I have found that since I began meditating again I feel more alive and healthier. It is like a ball of energy is growing within me and the more I turn inward the better I feel outward.  I now look forward to meditating and doing exercises like the loving-kindness and the subtle mind. I am more aware of my breathing and I feel calmer.

1 comment:

  1. I believe meditation brings us to a higher level of self-awareness so that we are able to clear our minds of clutter. The mental clutter seems to drain our energy therefore the sense of constantly being tired. Once we clear our minds we have the energy that we need and so often desire. These exercise have been a huge help in clearing the mind so the body and spirit are benefitting from it too.

    ReplyDelete