Namaste,
Of all the exercises we have done in this class I think i like meditation and the subtle mind the best. I have incorporated meditation into my day. I start my day with meditation and them I go for my morning walk/run the combination of doing these two actions sets my day up for success. As I am exercising both my mind and my body. In addition because I walk the golf course I often get to interact with nature as well it reminds me our of interconnectedness with all life.
While I still have a long way to go on my path to true flourishing I believe these steps are helping me become a more whole person.
This week I was in an auto accident. The other driver merged into my lane and impacted my SUV. In the past I would have been angry, perhaps used some colorful vocabulary and been severely stressed out. My stress would have grown because we waited for over two hours for the police to come and it was extremely hot out. However when it occurred I was very calm. It was almost if time slowed right before the accident. I saw his vehicle coming into my lane. I quickly glanced in my rearview mirror as I began to break. Thankfully, the car behind me was a good distance back. I looked quickly to the left and saw that lane was filled with traffic so I moved as far to the left as possible in my lane and continued braking as his vehicle impacted with mine. We drove to a place that we could safely stop at. I remained calm and simply asked him if he did not see me. In the past I would have gotten really mad waiting so long but again I remained calm. I think that this class and learning to use meditation, and breathing exercises really helped me handle this situation much more effectively.
Of all the exercises we have done in this class I think i like meditation and the subtle mind the best. I have incorporated meditation into my day. I start my day with meditation and them I go for my morning walk/run the combination of doing these two actions sets my day up for success. As I am exercising both my mind and my body. In addition because I walk the golf course I often get to interact with nature as well it reminds me our of interconnectedness with all life.
While I still have a long way to go on my path to true flourishing I believe these steps are helping me become a more whole person.
This week I was in an auto accident. The other driver merged into my lane and impacted my SUV. In the past I would have been angry, perhaps used some colorful vocabulary and been severely stressed out. My stress would have grown because we waited for over two hours for the police to come and it was extremely hot out. However when it occurred I was very calm. It was almost if time slowed right before the accident. I saw his vehicle coming into my lane. I quickly glanced in my rearview mirror as I began to break. Thankfully, the car behind me was a good distance back. I looked quickly to the left and saw that lane was filled with traffic so I moved as far to the left as possible in my lane and continued braking as his vehicle impacted with mine. We drove to a place that we could safely stop at. I remained calm and simply asked him if he did not see me. In the past I would have gotten really mad waiting so long but again I remained calm. I think that this class and learning to use meditation, and breathing exercises really helped me handle this situation much more effectively.
That is awesome that you are walking and meditating daily. I find it helpful and relaxing. It gives me more energy and I love that. Good luck with all you do.
ReplyDelete